DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING, STATISTICS AND MONITORING AND EVALUATION
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Department of planning, statistics and monitoring and evaluation department is responsible for:
- Raise the awareness of the Ministry employees for the Ministry plan and budget to boost the trust and commitment of the employees of the Ministry.
- Present the Approved plan of action prepared by the different departments of the Ministry to all over the employees of the Ministry.
- Prepare the quarter plan of the Ministry in collaboration with all other departments of the Ministry.
- Preparing 5 years’ strategic plan for Ministry in line with the National Development Plan
- Coordinating formulation and preparation of the Ministry’s medium term strategic plan, annual action plans and budgets
- Coordinating formulating, reviewing, implementation and monitoring of Ministry’s policies; and ensure they are consistent with national policies, frameworks and strategies
- Preparing annual work plans, developmental Programs for Ministry and strategy documents for the departments
- Providing technical guidance and support for institutionalization of strategic planning and budgeting process within the Ministry.
- Coordinating technical inputs from all departments and works closely with them to develop organization’s strategic plan and implementation guidelines, and ensures copies are made available to all departments
- Reviewing existing policies and ensuring their compliance with current laws and regulations
- Providing guidance on the integration of governance issues into development planning, organizing and coordinating periodic work-plans
- Build capacity of the Ministry in the area of policy and strategy plan adaptation and implementation
- Prepare and get approval the working structure of his/her department and implement accordingly.
- Delegating some of the less important and less urgent tasks to the section heads and other department.
- Does whatever the Minister and Director General Delegates him/her in timely fashion.
- Holds continues meeting with his team and reports to the Ministry top management officials.
- Participates on behalf of the department all Ministry weekly meeting and top level management meetings and reports back to hi/her team.
- Encourages hi/her staff to be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the Ministry.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department.
- In collaboration with the Human resource development department prepare and implement the capacity development for all department staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates of the department in consultation with the heads of sections.
- Harmonizing annual work plans for the department.
- Coordinating the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Coordinating the preparation of department’s risk management framework Preparing annual monitoring and evaluation report.