DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
ICT department is responsible for: -
- The Development of the required Legal Framework for developing the ICT sector in Somaliland.
- Study and assess current and future ICT regulations needed by the Ministry.
- Sort out the status of the implementations of the ICT regulations, guidelines, and standards prepared by the Ministry.
- Develop a plan of action for the development and implementation of the new and existing regulations developed by the Ministry for both the ICT sector.
- Prepare and Implement Guidelines and Standards for the Acquisition and procurement of Government ICT.
- Prepare and Implement Guidelines and Standards for ICT Projects Management for the government Institutions.
- Delegating some of the less important and less urgent tasks to the section heads and another department.
- Develop a national general ICT infrastructure development plan and Ministry Legal Framework for the development of ICT sector of the country.
- Prepare and Implement Guidelines Official Social Media accounts management (guidelines, security, and verification).
- Prepare and get approval the working structure of his/her department and implement accordingly
- Managing the Resources under the supervision of the Director-General and the Minister.
- Does whatever the Minister and Director General delegate him/her in a timely fashion
- Holds continue meeting with his team and reports to the Ministry top management officials
- Participates on behalf of the department all Ministry weekly meetings and top-level management meetings and reports back to his/her team.
- Encourages his/her staff to be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the Ministry
- Prepare and implement five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department for the implementation of ICT regulations and guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Human resource, the development department prepares and implement the capacity development for all department staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates of the department in consultation with the heads of sections
- Harmonizing annual work plans for the department.
- Coordinating the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
ICT Department Sections
- Implement infrastructure development plan of the Department
- Lead in all infrastructure activities in Somaliland in order to improve the Country’s ICT infrastructure efforts
- Serves as Team Leader for the administration and maintenance of government network as directed by the department head
- Monitor the implementation of infrastructure operations and planning policies and strategies in line with the mandate of the Ministry and vision of the department
- Exercises staff oversight to ensure new operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/ migration plans are consistent with the overall Ministry goals and objectives
- Formulation of the Section’s risk management framework, risk profiling, risk reporting and monitoring.
- Train users in the proper use of hardware and software
- Development is generally responsible for the development, design and implementation of new or modified software products or ongoing business projects. Typically sitting within the IT team of a business, a Software Developer will be involved in liaising with the Business Analysts and Development Managers to ensure software projects meet requirements.
- Software Developer duties and responsibilities of the job
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
Maintenance and Technical
- Technical Support Jobs include roles as Maintenance Engineers, Help Desk Operators or Applications Support Specialists. Since businesses simply can’t afford to be without individual workstations let alone its entire computer system, you have a pivotal role in the running of the company.
- You will be right at the heart of matters as you need to deal directly with employees and customers who have technical problems such as trouble with their email accounts, forgotten passwords or viruses. Typical Technical Support responsibilities include:
- Installation & configuration of a company’s computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Maintenance and monitoring of computer networks and systems.
- Logging the queries of customers and employees.
- Analysis of call logs in order to discover any underlying issues or trends.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Performing electrical safety checks on the company’s computer equipment.
- Following instructions, either written or in diagram form, in order to set up a system or fix a fault.
- Provide after-sales support for software or equipment suppliers or businesses that specialize in providing customers with support and maintenance.